Gelli® Printed Gem Ornaments
- Students Will Be Able To (SWBAT) create gem ornaments.
Gelli Arts® gel printing plate, brayer, chipboard sheets, acrylic paint, paint marker, round plastic canvas, hole punch, ribbon, and beads.
- Take a couple of chipboard sheets and Gelli® print on them – both sides. Start with prints of just blocks of color and then move on to making marks and pulling partial prints of the marks on the chipboard sheets.
- Use the Gelli Arts® mini kits to stamp onto the already printed chipboard sheets with more paint. Use metallic paints for an added dimension!
- Once the paint is dry, you can cut the chipboard into shapes. Use the mini plates as a template or just cut your own freehand shapes.
- Transform the chipboard shapes by drawing on them to make them look like real gems. Just make sure that the pen you used to draw the gems is waterproof, so you don’t smear your drawings.
- Punch a hole it each gem and add a ribbon and a bead.