Gelli Arts® Fabric Quilt Squares Printing
- Students Will Be Able To (SWBAT) create a fabric quilt.
5×5” Gelli Arts® Printing Plate, Gelli Arts® Premium Acrylic Paints (3 colors in 1 oz bottles), Fabric Medium (see instructions below), 4″ Brayer, 3-sided Gelli Arts® Mini Comb, Bubble Wrap, Yarn, Punchinella, 5×5″ White Fabric, 5×5″ Parchment Paper
Fabric Quilt Squares
- Optional: Before you begin, iron the fabric to remove any wrinkles.
- Mix the acrylic paint 2:1 with the fabric medium and roll it into a smooth layer on the Gelli® plate with a brayer.
- Get creative and make designs in the wet paint using the mini comb, bubble wrap, yarn, and punchinella.
- Place the white fabric square on the painted Gelli Arts® plate and press to stamp an impression. Lift the fabric to reveal the printed image.
- Continue printing on the white fabric squares until you have enough for a quilt!
- Allow the printed fabric to dry completely. Heat set 30 seconds with an iron. Wash inside out on a gentle cycle.
- Optional: Doodle on printed fabric using various fabric pens, markers, and acrylic paint pens. Colored pencils are great for adding color and depth to doodles.
- After the doodling is complete, remove the fabric from the freezer paper by gently pulling them apart.
- Arrange and hand stitch the squares together. Finish the edges of the squares or stitch them together to form a quilt.
USING FABRIC PAINTING MEDIUM WITH ACRYLIC PAINT
- Mix paint 2:1 with medium.
- Air dry design 24-48 hours.
- Heat set 30 seconds with iron.
- Wash inside out on gentle cycle.