Gelli Arts® Printed Coffee Filter Flowers
Gelli Arts® 12×14 Gel Printing Plate, acrylic paints, brayer, coffee filters, stencils, spray bottle with water, spray inks, pom-poms, wire, glue dots or hot glue gun, scissors
Faux Marbling on the Gelli Arts® Gel Printing Plate
This is a fun party décor project that the kids will enjoy making too.
- Print with your Gelli Arts® printing plate on a couple of coffee filters using stencils and acrylic paint. You will need one green printed coffee filter and two or three colored printed coffee filters per flower.
- Stain the Gelli Arts® printed coffee filters with spray inks. Wet the coffee filter with a spray bottle of water before you spray on the spray ink. The water will help the spray ink spread across the coffee filter.
- You can stack the coffee filters if you want to have the same color while spraying. Each new filter will absorb the excess ink from the already sprayed ones.
- Leave the coffee filters to dry completely.
- Fold the coffee filters into eighths (or more) and cut leaf shapes. Make sure to cut some larger and some smaller.
- Unfold the coffee filters and stack two or three colored ones on top of each other.
- Turn the flowers over and put a pom-pom in the middle. Fold the flowers back over the pom-pom. Secure the pom-pom with wire.
- Fold the leaves back and fluff them until you are happy.
- Adhere the flower on top of a green leafed coffee filter using a glue dot or a hot glue gun.
That’s it! Very simple! Use a flower as a topper for present, glue them on sticks and make them into a bouquet, or attach them to a piece of string to form a garland.